This 50 Before 50 Bucket List is a list of things to do before turning fifty.
It doesn’t have to be fifty things if you don’t want it to be, but it’s a good benchmark for deciding what you want to accomplish in your life before crossing the 50 year old threshold.
Here are some bucket list ideas for 50 year olds to accomplish before their next birthday.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information.
Things To Do Before Your 50th Birthday
You may have heard about the 50 before 50 bucket list.
If you’re not familiar, it’s a list of things to do before turning fifty.
It doesn’t have to be fifty things if you don’t want it to be, but it’s a good benchmark for deciding what you want to accomplish in your life before crossing the 50 year old threshold. Here are some ideas for getting started with your own bucket list!
50 Before 50 Bucket List
1.Try a new food from a different country
2. Learn to drive in a manual car
3. Watch every episode of your favorite TV show
4. Do something by yourself that you usually do with other people
5. Write a letter to yourself and read what you wrote a year later
6. Go one whole night without electronics
7. Spend the day with a senior citizen or someone who is lonely
8. Get your first passport stamp and explore a new city
9. Learn to play an instrument
11. Swim with dolphins
Loving this list of 50 things to do in your 50th year?
Check out these epic bucket lists:
12. Start a journal
13. Read 50 novels
14. Take an epic road trip
15. Learn 50 new recipes
16. Host an fantastic party
17. Visit a new country
18. Run a marathon or half-marathon
19. Learn to crochet
20. Open an Etsy store (Here are 50 fantastic Etsy shop ideas)
21. Zip Line
22. Kayak on a river
23. Swim in a lake
24. Take an online course
25. Have a spa weekend
26. Swim in natural hot springs
27. Ride a huge ferris wheel like the London Eye
28. Take a line dancing class
29. Ride an overnight train
30.Participate in NaNoWriMo.
31. Read 10 classic novels
32. Do a handstand
33. Take up yoga
34. Donate Blood
35. Get your financial house in order
36. Camp under the stars
37. Attend a major sporting event
38. Go ice skating on a lake
39. Crash a wedding
40. Learn to scuba dive
41. Complete your family tree
42. Ride a bike in a foreign country
43. Visit the cherry blossoms in Japan or D.C
44. Go skiing
45. Redecorate your bedroom
46. Have afternoon tea at a fancy restaurant
47. Drive in a convertible
48. Be on TV as an audience member or extra (or star)
49. Learn calligraphy
50. Retire early!
50 Before 50 Bucket List – Final Thoughts
What else would you put on your list of things to do before your 50th birthday?
Hopefully this list of 50 things to do in your 50th year has inspired you and motivated you to make the most of your 50s and beyond.
Want some more inspirational bucket lists?
Check these out: