The holidays are a time for joy, family, and fun. But it can also be hard to find the true meaning of Christmas sometimes.
If you’re looking for ways to make the most of your holiday season, try our Advent bucket list.
This list is packed with Christ-centered bucket list ideas for the whole family.
Don’t forget to grab the free printable PDF below too!
What Is An Advent Bucket List?
An Advent bucket list is simply a list of things you’d like to do during the Advent season.
This can include everything from attending holiday parties and nativity plays to baking cookies and attending Christmas eve services.
We have lots of different Christmas bucket lists on this site and this one is for those of you who want to make Christmas about Jesus rather than presents and shopping.
While this bucket list includes lots of fun family Christmas activities, there are also lots of Christ-focused bucket list ideas too.
Read on for all the amazing Advent bucket list ideas and to download our free printable checklist.
- Read the story of the birth of Jesus in the Bible
- Start an Advent Calendar
- Visit a Live Nativity
- Make a Nativity craft
- Start a daily Christmas devotional
- Attend a Christmas church service
- Sing Christmas worship songs
- Track Santa on Christmas eve
- Send Christmas cards to friends and family
- Wrap gifts by the fire
- Play a board game
- Light your favorite Christmas candle
- Spend quality time with family
- Hang a Christmas wreath
- Make a nativity ornament
- Hang Christmas stockings
- Decorate your Christmas tree & your home
- Visit a Christmas tree farm
- Take pictures with Santa
- Wear an ugly Christmas sweater
- Have a Christmas dance party
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights (here’s a fun Scavenger Hunt you can do)
- Put together a gingerbread house
- Decorate sugar cookies
- Bake cookies for Santa
- Make Christmas crack
- Do some volunteering
- Donate to toy drive
- Visit a friend or neighbor who needs company
- Do something else extra kind for someone
- Start a new Christmas family tradition
- Elf on a shelf
- Snuggle up under a warm blanket
- Host a cookie exchange party
- Make a Christmas morning charcuterie board
- Host a hot chocolate bar party
- Attend the Santa Claus Parade
- Visit your local Christmas market
- Go ice skating (here is a list of malls that have ice rinks)
- Go sledding
- Take pictures of nature covered in snow
- Take a nature walk in the snow
- Make snow angels
- Build a snowman
- Wear matching pyjamas
Free Printable Bucket List
Print off these amazing advent bucket list ideas so you can check them off as you go.
Just click the link below and you can instantly download the PDF to print or save to your computer.